What is Digital Marketing? March 28, 2016
Published by: Tracy Iseminger
Digital Marketing is a term you likely have heard if you are a business owner and it’s something that is absolutely essential for your success. Simply put, digital marketing is any form of promotion of your business, brand or product on electronic media. Included in this umbrella of digital marketing is websites, online ads, social media, content creation and more. With more and more of your customers spending a large amount of time online via desktop and mobile devices, your marketing strategy must include a digital plan to reach them.Developing your digital marketing strategy may seem overwhelming to many business owners with so many small factors contributing to well-rounded plan. The good news is that your marketing plan can start very basic and grow over time. In fact, a truly successful digital marketing plan does not typically yield high results quickly but rather over a long period of time with consistent and relevant materials distributed over multiple platforms.
So how do you start?
- Define your audience
- Outline your goals
- Prioritize your long-term strategy
- Start with one or two outlets
- Gradually add platforms to continue to reach customers
- Study your analytics – determine where inbound traffic is coming from, keywords, etc…
- Refresh your content – update website, add blog posts, etc..
- Make updates to your website – keep your site current and relevant to your customers
Following these simple steps is a very basic and easy way to start reaching your customers online. When we talk about platforms or steps for long-term goals, these can include:
- Professionally Built Website
- No less than 3 social media platforms including Google Plus
- Content Creation
- Search Engine Ads
- Social Media Promotions & Ads
- Banner Ad Placement
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing
Still worried about creating your business digital marketing strategy?
Ask us how our team at Cougar Digital Marketing and Design can help you create your online presence.